Thursday, August 4, 2011

Yuridia

I arrived to the institute late and this is my second day here. So far things been great and already I wish I was here sense day one. This Experience had been nothing but an eye opener I love the vibe that all the students and staff bring when they are working together. Yesterday was a tiring but very interesting day, we went to the aquarium and spent time looking at all sorts of creatures that live under water we also went to the Hatfield Center and we learned about crabs, In the beginning I was somewhat terrified of them but with the help of my team I got over that and next thing you know I was grabbing them and playing around with them, It was a great experience to get the inside look about the ocean and all the stuff that was included in that. After we got the chance to play on the beach, I had a great time with everyone and I interacted with people who I didn’t before and next thing I knew friendships were built in a blink of an eye, I also enjoyed the ride home there was many of my peers “Fist Pumping” and staff as well, although I wasn’t fist pumping I enjoyed the vibe they were bringing in. Overall I believe this opportunity should be open a lot more to more students, It helps them not be to lost or terrified with the word “College” when I got here I had no idea what college I wanted to go to, and didn’t know which ones offered what I needed for example nursing now, thanks to the staff and the different people from different colleges I have an idea what college would be great for me. I do believe students should have more of this and if there’s a next year count me in, I’m here.  Thank you to all the staff for their help and making these past days great.

1 comment:

omli student said...

Although you weren't here long I am glad to have met you. You seemed to hold the right attitude to complete and get things done. I hope you got at least some bonds with other people if not new friends. I wish you the best in you future as I know you'll do well.

-David

Post a Comment